Tuesday 3 March 2015

FAKE IT TILL YOU MAKE IT!







So I have been very sad and depressed this last week with everything going on with me. I find myself eating a lot of unhealthy food and not managing my diabetes well. I can't count the number of pops I have had and I have really gone off track. While its ok to be sad when things are not going on well, its not ok to stay depressed.

I came up with some things i will start doing to put myself in a better mood:


  • I start my mornings with stating three things I'm grateful for. "In positive psychology research, gratitude is strongly and consistently associated with greater happiness. Gratitude helps people feel more positive emotions, relish good experiences, improve their health, deal with adversity and build strong relationships". So thats number one on my to do list. State the things I'm grateful for. If you want to get healthier then give thanks. 

  • During the day, when i start feeling sad, i will get up and go for a walk, notice beautiful houses, birds, the ocean, and just appreciate nature. 



  • Hang out with my friends. I just joined a cool group of young women encouraging each other. So thats really good. Go for dinner or whatever and just gist away and forget about my worries. 


I know I'm gonna get better, things will start working out but while it seems like its not...I might as well fake it till i make it..eh!

No comments:

Post a Comment