Tuesday 12 May 2015

DIABETES BLOG WEEK: DAY 2!



Many of us share lots of aspects of our diabetes lives online for the world to see.  What are some of the aspects of diabetes that you choose to keep private from the internet?  Or from your family and friends?  Why is it important to keep it to yourself?  (This is not an attempt to get you out of your comfort zone.  There is no need to elaborate or tell personal stories related to these aspects.  Simply let us know what kinds of stories we will never hear you tell, and why you won't tell them.)

I'm a very private person and I don't share lots of things about my life. I can count the number of people that know I'm diabetic. No, I'm not ashamed that I have the disease it just works for me that way.

Diabetes is one disease most people feel they know a lot about or have solutions for. It annoys me when people say things like: you had way too much sugar, just stay away from sugar, drink this water and you would be healed..errrr just shut up please. I was dealing with low blood sugar one day and my sister goes, have you used your insulin...really???!!!! I said to myself thats why I don't share my experiences. Living with diabetes is hard enough I don't need anyone to frustrate me even more 

There is nothing wrong with sharing with people and I do share when I have to, I tell my parents everything, my very close friends and my siblings. I check my blood sugar anywhere and give myself insulin whenever I have to, I must say though, I get quite a stare but I don't care. I need to take this to stay alive and I don't think the bathrooms are clean enough for me! 

I created this blog just to let out some steam and it has been a great decision, I have also learned a lot and felt encouraged through the Diabetes Online Community.

photo credit: newline.com

1 comment:

  1. Glad you started this blog! I look forward to reading more posts!

    ReplyDelete